- GKR Karate Belt Journey
- Each section has a variety of information about the skills you would develop, challenges you’ll face, the kata you’ll learn and its history. Good stuff 👌🏻👊🏻
- GKR Online Dojo
- This developed during COVID-19 lockdown with pre-recorded classes, and classes via Zoom. It has the whole library of kata videos, and is still in use for those still unable to train in groups, and for international Zoom seminars.
- Karate-do Kyohan by Gichin Funakoshi (translated)
- written by the founder of Shotokan karate, it is both historically interesting, and remains relevant
- Bubishi: The Classic Manual of Combat by Patrick McCarthy
- This book is a translation of the historical Bubishi text, and a wealth of historical information surrounding the text, as well as the history of the evolution of karate from White Crane Kung-fu and Monk-fist boxing in China, to Okinawa, to Japan.